How LED Lighting Can Benefit Indoor Refrigeration and Storage
May 05 2019
When considering making the move to LED lighting for your business, the type of light this technology provides is an important consideration to make. Fortunately, for those who require industrial scale refrigeration, LED light bulbs were practically built for this purpose. Let OEO show you why.
Type of light source provided by LED
The misconception about LED lighting is that it doesn't produce warmer light. That's not true. LED bulbs actually offer more options in terms of the color range of light. It is true that blue and white gallium nitride leds provide "lighting breakthroughs" in white light and its applications.
Compact fluorescents and halogen lamps have been used for cooling, and leds are widely available for commercial use (in most cases). The advantages of leds in cooling extend to many factors. These include reducing heat, reducing glare, improving energy efficiency, positive impact on safety, durability, cost-effectiveness and adaptability.
LED lighting has long been revolutionary in supermarkets and stores. T8 fluorescents are strip lamps that used to be useful. This is due to their relative ability to fill the long space occupied by different types of freezers.
Yet they are impressively efficient compared with fluorescent lights. CFLS are so inefficient that only 10 percent of the energy that goes into a light bulb appears as light. Most of the other 90% is released as heat.
For industrial refrigeration equipment, that means paying to power a single light, which is actually eliminating the main use of the device: keeping its contents cool. Not only are the bulbs themselves inefficient, but they also put a lot of pressure on the efficiency and cost of the cooling mechanism itself.
On the other hand, LED lighting thrives in cold conditions. This is why they have been found particularly useful in reducing the cost of air conditioning in large Spaces. For refrigeration (including industrial chillers), the close proximity of the bulb to the product means that as little heat as possible is optimal for cooling.
This heat reduction also includes heat loss from other parts of the fixture. By replacing the bulb with ballast bypass and plug and play, you do not lose energy from the heat of the current controller. LED lighting, which USES a higher wattage ratio than fluorescent bulbs, is a breeze to cool.
The durability of LED lighting also means greater security for often sensitive materials that need to be stored in industrial refrigeration units. The shells can withstand temperature changes, not to mention the possibility of any impact. Although the bulb is unlikely to explode, the lower temperature makes it even colder.
This can not only save long-term LED will benefit industrial refrigeration indirect costs. Many cooling technologies themselves do not necessarily need to be updated. While new devices are increasingly being sold with LED lighting as a standard, that doesn't mean old devices need to be wasted.
Retrofitting this technology can reduce maintenance costs, improve lighting, improve efficiency, and of course, you don't have to pay for new equipment. Even better is the direct replacement bulb for the T8 fixture, which works as well in horizontal and vertical refrigerating units as it does in freezers or open refrigerating units. They are also cheap to install and provide all the incredible long-term benefits that leds are supposed to provide for a variety of industries.
led lights,solar lights,led strip lights,outdoor stores,WIFI Deck Lights,WIFI LED Strip